As BikeMoves Illinois gets closer to an official launch, we are in need of more test rides from you, our beta testers, to work out the final kinks. Therefore, we invite you to bike to either of two upcoming events to meet with the BikeMoves Illinois team!
Lierman Neighborhood Action Committee (LNAC) Hot Dog Cookout
- Date: Saturday, July 16th
- Time: The Bike Moves Illinois Team will be present between 11 am-1 pm. A neighborhood cleanup day will precede the cookout from 9 am-12 noon, and the cookout will last from 12-2 pm.
- Location: Lierman Neighborhood Community Garden, 1603 E. Washington St., Urbana (southeast corner of Washington St. and Lierman Ave.)
Urbana Park District Neighborhood Nights Concert
- Date: Wednesday, July 20th
- Time: 6:30-8:00 pm
- Location: Larson Park, 1505 E. McHenry St., Urbana
Bike to Free Food!
Follow these steps to test our app and enjoy a refreshment at the end of your ride!
- Install the latest version of the BikeMoves Illinois app using the instructions below if you have not already done so.
- Turn on the app, start recording a trip, and bike to one of the events listed above.
- Enjoy a free hot dog at the LNAC Cookout, or enjoy free popcorn and lemonade (while supplies last) at the Urbana Park District Neighborhood Nights concert!
- Say hi to the BikeMoves Illinois team (Matt, Gabe, or Hannah), and let us know how your ride went!
Android installation instructions
If you installed the previous beta version released in May, you can upgrade to the latest version in the Google Play Store. If not, you’ll need to accept the testing agreement using your Google account. Then search for BikeMoves Illinois in the Play Store to install the beta version. It may take some time for the Play Store listing to appear after you accept the testing agreement.
iOS installation instructions
If you’re already using the previous beta version released in May, you can upgrade to the latest version using the TestFlight app. If not, just reply to this message with your name and the e-mail address associated with your iPhone, and we’ll send you a beta testing invitation.